Salsa in Toronto Festival Volunteer Opportunity
The largest Latino-themed cultural celebration in Canada, TD Salsa in Toronto Festival spans over a three week period and features an international caliber of Latin music, non-stop dancing in the streets, Latin foods and fun for the entire family! Every year the festival unites the best of the Latino culture with a jam packed calendar of cultural events throughout the city which includes a series of Latin dance and art exhibitions, concerts, and dance parties, culminating with the Annual TD Salsa on St. Clair Street Festival.
Every year we look for bright, enthusiastic and capable individuals to volunteer their time for any of the events that take place during the TD Salsa in Toronto Festival, July 3rd to 23rd, 2017.
The TD Salsa in Toronto Festival is committed to helping you have a fun and rewarding experience giving you an opportunity to contribute to your community, develop your skills and qualifications, make new friends, and enjoy the celebration of the Latino culture!
We are currently offering a variety of exciting positions to help out with our summer events:
- Artist Registration Coordinator
- Back Stage Hands
- Event Coordinator Assistants
- VIP Patio – smart serve certified volunteers
- Logistics (Set Up and Tear Down) crew members
If you are interested in participating as a volunteer at our festival, please send in your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be considered, however only those selected will be called in for an in-person interview in the month of June. All confirmed volunteers will be required to attend a mandatory volunteer orientation meeting in the week leading up to the festival.
In recognition of your participation you will get:
- An opportunity to enhance your skills and qualifications with hands-on experience in various event organization and marketing areas
- A perfect opportunity to network with your local community and make new friends
- An exclusive Salsa In Toronto gift bag
- Meals and refreshments during the event
- An official Letter of Reference (upon request)
- Community Service hours towards Secondary School Diploma or any other accredited program
- A personal invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Event to be held August 2017
All we require is that you:
- Volunteer your time for a minimum of 6 hours throughout the festival
- Attend a mandatory Volunteer Orientation meeting at 5125 Steeles Ave. W Toronto, ON M9L 1R5
- Perform assigned duties as required and respectfully
“Great experience! Team work, meeting awesome people and having a party all at the same time!” – Giovanni M.
“I had a great experience volunteering with the TLN summer event crew, since I’ve been studying Spanish it was a great opportunity to make new friends within the Hispanic community and learn more about Hispanic culture.” – Tracy C.
“I had a wonderful summer by working with TLN, I’ve enjoyed every moment at, Ontario Place , Salsa on St Clair, and Latinfest. I also had the opportunity to watch a training of the Real Madrid soccer team. That was amazing! What I liked the most was working with a good co-operative team in every event. THANKS A LOT!” – Adriany M.