TD Salsa In Toronto Festival Volunteer Opportunity
The largest Latino-themed cultural celebration in Canada, TD Salsa in Toronto Festival spans over a three week period and features an international caliber of Latin music, non-stop dancing in the streets, Latin foods and fun for the entire family! Every year the festival unites the best of the Latino culture with a jam packed calendar of cultural events throughout the city which includes a series of Latin dance and art exhibitions, concerts, and dance parties, culminating with the Annual TD Salsa on St. Clair Street Festival.
Every year we look for bright, enthusiastic and capable individuals to volunteer their time for any of the events that take place during the TD Salsa in Toronto Festival.
The TD Salsa in Toronto Festival is committed to helping you have a fun and rewarding experience giving you an opportunity to contribute to your community, develop your skills and qualifications, make new friends, and enjoy the celebration of the Latino culture!
We are currently offering a variety of exciting positions to help out with our summer events:
- Artist Registration Coordinator
- Back Stage Hands
- Event Coordinator Assistants
- VIP Patio Host
- Logistics (Set Up and Tear Down) Crew Member
In recognition of your participation you will:
- Enhance your skills and qualifications with hands-on experience in various event organization and marketing areas
- Gain community service hours
- Receive an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Event
- Be provided complimentary meals and refreshments during the event
- Receive a Letter of Reference (upon request)
- Network with your local community and make new friends
- Get an exclusive Salsa In Toronto gift bag
All we require is:
Volunteer your time for a minimum of 6 hours throughout the festival
Attend a volunteer orientation meeting
Respectfully perform assigned duties as required
- “It was the best event that I have ever attended in Toronto so far, unforgettable memory and I met new friends during the event. Also I learned a lot working at back stage, get the opportunity to talk to some performers, learned about how showbiz and entertainment industry run in a real life. I would like to thanks the Volunteer coordinators, Ingrid and Katarina for giving me the opportunity to volunteer at the Salsa festival” – Deasy Wang, 2018.
- “Volunteering at Salsa on St.Clair was a great experience and I am truly happy that I decided to participated. I met some amazing people and had the chance to work along side professionals that were helpful and supportive. The staff made sure that all volunteers were well taken care of and most importantly having fun! I came into this experience without knowing what to expect, and now I can honestly say that it is a great time and an experience like no other. Most importantly, I will definitely make sure to return for the following years to come.” – Michelle Castillo, 2016.
- “I had a wonderful summer by working with TLN, I’ve enjoyed every moment at, Ontario Place , Salsa on St Clair, and Latinfest. I also had the opportunity to watch a training of the Real Madrid soccer team. That was amazing! What I liked the most was working with a good co-operative team in every event. THANKS A LOT!” – Adriany M, 2009.
- “I had a great experience volunteering with the TLN summer event crew, since I’ve been studying Spanish it was a great opportunity to make new friends within the Hispanic community and learn more about Hispanic culture.” – Tracy C, 2006.
- “Great experience! Team work, meeting awesome people and having a party all at the same time!” – Giovanni M, 2005.